Saturday 26 June 2010

The Making of Blueberry Cheese Tarts at Min's House

I must confess, I was a bit nervous initially while on the way to Min's house. Not because that I don't know her that well but what if I was not able to make the cheese tartlets all on my own. You see, Min has warned me that she will be guiding me but everything must be done by myself - from the beginning. So I will have to make the pastry, the cheese filling, bake everything and piping etc with my bare hands... and of course with Min as the audience. Hah... coupled with the feeling that I will be laughed upon if I make any mistake (nothing serious, just embarrassment, most likely, and no, I will not die of shame) and Nekrock will obviously be enquiring both of us the outcome.

Turned out that Min is a good sifu. She gave me the instructions, prepare the ingredients and I was ready to show off my culinary skills. Hahahahahaha... probably the skills of a 1st Grader. We were jabbering away while doing the pastry and soon after Min was laughing her butt off when I made some mistakes, I had trouble holding the plastic pipe - I have never done any piping before, and my cheese fillings were somewhat flat. I was laughing too... hehe... for making those silly mistakes. But Min was very encouraging. If I did something wrong, she would show me how it was done (a few times, sometimes) and I would follow suit. All in all, it was a good class. I had a wonderful teacher, so what could go wrong?

Peep, thus I would like to share the pix taken today. I had gobbled at least 5 of the tarts and they taste wonderful. Thanks Min for having me as a student and thank you for sharing the knowledge...


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now my dilemma, do i order my cheese tarts from JB or Sudan??? hahahahahaha

Sheena Saini said...

nak....